Data Scientist (03-2112)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is looking for a Data Scientist to lead in the mining of large data sets and generate meaningful insights to better service our players and grow our business based in Moncton, NB, Halifax, NS or St. John's, NL or work remotely.
The primary focus of this role will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our existing and future products. As the ideal candidate you are well adept at using large data sets to identify opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You have a proven ability to drive business results through data-based insights. This is the perfect opportunity for the you to become part of an innovative and energetic team that develops solutions which will influence AL's products, its clients, and its business overall.
Data mine large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
Identify valuable data sources, automate collection processes and develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Work with business stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
Collaborate with Enterprise Data Solutions team for data governance and maintenance
What we can expect from you:
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques, including generalized linear model/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers, including Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, AdWords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using tools such as Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Master's or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, or computer science.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before August 24, 2020.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.