Manager, Analytics & Business Intelligence (03-2111)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Manager of Analytics & Business Intelligence, based in Moncton, NB, Halifax, NS or St. John's, NL.
As the Manager, Analytics & Business Intelligence (BI) you are responsible for leading a team of Analysts to deliver world class reporting and value-added analytics for the business. More specifically, the team is accountable for the development and maintenance of standardized corporate reports, dashboards and self-serve data visualization tools encompassing a variety of data sources to deliver sustainable, reliable, and timely business information and insights to the organization. In collaboration with the Enterprise Data Solutions team, the team is also responsible for data interpretation, analytics, and effective presentation of information to support corporate decision-making. This role promotes an enterprise-wide analytics culture and informs & educates management of the various business lines on how analytics is used to drive optimal business decisions.
- Lead a high-performance team by creating a culture of coaching through consistent feedback and mentoring.
- Identify strengths and development needs of team members, clarify milestones and measures of success, and create accountability for deliverables.
- Develop and execute the BI business plan (including resources, analysis & presentation standards, toolsets and training) to evolve the organization from current state to future state as defined by the business short-term and longer-term objectives.
- In collaboration with the Enterprise Data Solutions team, effectively plan, develop and manage the analytics and BI platform.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, toolsets and emerging practices & technologies in the BI field in order to deliver and sustain a best-in-class BI practice within Atlantic Lottery.
- Deliver financial, operational, and other quantitative information to end users through reports, dashboards and scorecards, encompassing both strategic and operational data sources and use cases. The ultimate outcome is insights to drive optimal business decisions driving profitable business growth.
- Translate business problems into data and analytics requirements to deliver solutions that meet business needs through a combination of self-serve information and visualizations, structured reporting and ad hoc analysis.
What we can expect from you:
- First and foremost, you have a passion for extracting valuable insights from large data sets and an ability to lead a team delivering superior value to the business.
- Experience implementing and/or managing BI applications across multiple high-volume data sources and varied data types with integration direct to source databases and/or data warehouses
- Experience standardizing reporting of data, metrics and KPI's from concept to implementation and ultimately end-user adoption
- Experience developing and delivering end-user training plans that encourages self-serve
- Strong working knowledge of BI applications and supporting technologies
- Proven collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic and information organization / presentation skills
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns and;
- Desire to want continuous learning and development;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Proven ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments with a minimum of three years' (3) leadership experience gained through leading direct reports and/or project teams
- In-depth knowledge of one or more BI applications (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Dundas, etc)
- Knowledge/ Experience in 3rd party verification and credit check software
- Post-secondary education in a business-related field
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Experience with Oracle OBIEE
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before August 24, 2020.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.