Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Operations
Position Available: Part Time, Casual
Facility Description: Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and others folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the assigned Supervisor/Manager, the Housekeeper is a fundamental part of the team that provides supportive services in the Home. This role may be assigned tasks that include:
- Cleaning and maintaining assigned areas of the facility in a sanitary condition
- General laundry duties including; sorting, loading and folding of laundry and delivering to neighbourhoods
- Responsible for maintaining all assigned areas and equipment in sanitary condition
- Supporting residents to "live well" according to assigned tasks, within scope of employment
- Responsible for housekeeping, laundry and Nutrition related duties
- Completion of Grade Twelve (12) required
- Knowledge and ability to operate and clean institutional equipment (kitchen, laundry and sanitation)
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable working with seniors with varying levels of disability
- Experience in maintaining a clean and sanitary environment
- Preference to candidates who have recently completed the National Sanitation Program
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation
- Attend work on a regular and consistent basis
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: In accordance with current collective agreement between Ocean View Continuing Care Centre and C.U.P.E. Local 1245.
Rotation: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929