Student - Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Student
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutrition Services
CLASSIFICATION: Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
ANTICIPATED DATE: May 4, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation day and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will implement diet care plans for patient meals, which will involve visiting patients, consulting dietitians, doing updates, recording data such as carbohydrate content, etc. The successful candidate must at all times meet hygiene and cleanliness standards and maintain a clean and safe work area. He or she will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of weekend staff.
N.B.: These are only the main duties of the position. Other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time for the effective operation of the sector .
- High school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma GED;
- Recognized course in the management of food services and clinical nutrition of up to six months in length or a dietetic technology course;
- Computer skills (any menu management application, Meditech, Microsoft Office suite);
- Relevant experience in a food service;
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks quickly;
- Demonstrated staff supervision abilities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "