Registered Nurse Class D (RNCD)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin
DEPARTMENT: Medical services / Doctor's office
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class D (RNCD)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation day and weekends
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent performs work comprising advanced nursing practice. Work includes comprehensive patient health assessments, cooperating with other health care professionals depending on care plan development needs, making diagnoses based on health problems, prescribing medications, tests and treatments, evaluating treatment and providing necessary follow-up care. All these responsibilities are performed according to the scope of practice of primary health care nurse practitioners. Employees with this classification provide various direct and indirect services to patients or clients in the fields of disease and injury prevention, curative care, rehabilitation and supportive care. They also take part in multidisciplinary and nursing rounds when appropriate. They also organize and hold screening and wellness clinics. They also act as a resource person, mentor and preceptor, in addition to taking part in advanced nursing care and multidisciplinary health care research and planning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and successful completion of a postgraduate nurse practitioner certification program;
- Registered as a nurse practitioner with the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Five (5) years' experience in clinical nursing care;
- Excellent clinical judgment and initiative;
- Good knowledge of primary health care concepts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including strong interpersonal and group communication skills;
- Demonstrated time-management and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to teach and transmit knowledge to others;
- Valid BLS certificate and recertification obtained within the past year;
- Ability to put the nurse practitioner's theoretical knowledge, critical thinking and critical judgment into practice;
- Skills using computer tools and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.