Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Madawaska Regional Correctional Center
DEPARTMENT: Correctional Health Services
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
10-hour shifts, days and evenings, every other weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the nurse, the incumbent will provide nursing care and comfort required by patients using a systematic approach in accordance with the facility's philosophy and objectives. The incumbent will participate in the administration of certain diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive interventions.
N.B.: These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) with successful completion of licensed practical nursing course;
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Successful completion of a recognized BCLS course with update completed within the past year;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Good communication skills and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to work with potentially aggressive and violent clients;
- Ability to briefly describe desired position and explain interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "