Social Worker 1 (SW01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Addiction Services - St-Quentin / Kedgwick
DEPARTMENT: Addiction Services
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (Indefinite period)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts with possibility of night shifts and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive services to clients with various mental health problems. They will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and perform the following duties: assessment; crisis intervention; diagnosis; treatment; individual, family, and group counselling; prevention; health promotion and awareness. The position will require travel within the Northwest Zone based on client and operational needs while making maximum use of community services to maintain clients in the community wherever possible. They must provide their own transportation.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Specific experience in the mental health field would be an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or obtaining this training within set time line;
- Ability to work in a changing environment with different populations;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with various community resources;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Valid driver's licence and own means of transportation with valid insurance in order to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "