Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
Competition #: 5-3759 EXT
Salary: $20.7929 to $22.3817
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Transcription Services
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation - 8 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be responsible for the transcription of medical reports as well as assigned clerical / secretarial tasks as needed. These are the main duties, but other related tasks may be assigned from time to time in order to ensure proper functioning of the service.
- High School graduation or G.E.D.;
- Post-secondary education in bilingual medical transcription;
- Two (2) years recent related experience;
- Good knowledge and skills in the management of Word, Excel and Outlook softwares and Meditech Systems;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.