Licensed Practical Nurse
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare
Position Available: Full-Time, Part-time, Casual
Ocean View is a charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and other folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
- The LPN functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team under the direction of the RN & Care Coordinator to provide direct nursing care to residents. The LPN carries out duties as directed by the RN and Clinical Leader.
- Current registration with the Licensed Practical Nurses Association of Nova Scotia.
- Recognized Pharmacology course and experience in the administration of medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, visitors and co-workers
- Ability to work a 24-hour shift rotation on any program area.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis. Heavy lifting required; demonstrated use of proper body mechanics.
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: In accordance with the Collective Agreement between Ocean View Manor and Ocean View Manor Local of the Nova Scotia Nurse's Union.
Rotation: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929