For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Web Developer Department: User Experience; Information Technology Competition: 5163 Internal/External: Internal and External Employment Type: Permanent; Full Time Location: Moncton or Dartmouth Salary: Competitive Compensation Package Reports To: Team Leader
We're looking for an outstanding Web Developer to create new web experiences, enhance existing content, and improve the overall design and function of our website. As a member of our User Experience (UX) team, you'll work with a cross-functional team of UX professionals dedicated to creating engaging experiences for users of our digital products. Our website is the front door of our organization; we need you to focus on making it compelling, modern and functional through innovative ideas and expert code.
As a member of our User Experience team, you're not simply an order-taker: you're an advocate for the user. You take a User-Centred Design approach and work collaboratively with UX colleagues to ensure the solution meets accessibility, responsiveness and web development best practices.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative and team-minded, while also being capable of independent self-direction. You're a great communicator, with a knack for innovative solutions and a keen interest in dynamic and emerging technologies. You see challenges as puzzles to be solved, not roadblocks. You're detail-oriented and organized, able to understand the big-picture goal while focusing on a complex timeline of tasks.
Your everyday with us will consist of:
- Building reusable code, templates, site styles and libraries.
- Creating single-page web applications and integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Optimizing website to ensure maximum performance, stability and scalability.
- Ensuring cross-browser compatibility, responsiveness and web accessibility standards.
- Producing high-quality code through testing, peer review and QA processes.
- Collaborating with UX colleagues to understand business needs, proposing innovative solutions to achieve objectives, and matching UX design wireframes.
- Providing accurate assessments and estimates.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within our project management practice.
- Staying plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
What you need to succeed:
University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program.
4+ years working experience in web programming.
- Familiarity with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Experience with templating languages such as Twig.
- Experience with popular web scripting languages, especially PHP, but Python and Ruby are also considered an asset.
- Familiarity with CMS setup, architecture and methods of extending common CMS software; experience with Craft CMS is a plus.
- Understanding of client-side scripting, asynchronous request handling, session management, partial page updates, etc.
- Thorough understanding of HTTP request lifecycle, and how to debug applications at the protocol level.
- Deep understanding of responsive design requirements and WCAG 2.1 level AA accessibility guidelines.
- Skilled in testing/QA, specifically in the development of automated test suites for all of your code.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies with a strong focus on Amazon Web Service. Knowledge of Docker is also considered an asset.
- Proficient understanding of git, and CI/CD tooling.
- Thorough problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of standard UX principles and Agile methodology.
- Excellent understanding of SEO principles and modern digital marketing tactics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including requirements-gathering and liaising with non-technical team members on technical subjects.
- Portfolio of past work is required.
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Java, Cloud, Testing, Technology