Sr. Developer (03-2016)
We're on a mission to make all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for passionate team members who can get us there. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery is seeking a Senior Developer, based in Moncton, NB or Halifax, NS
The Senior Developer is responsible for the holistic development, management and adherence to best practices in software development. This position will have a deep understanding of the end-to-end solution and be able to support all facets of the solution and its integration points. Working within an Agile/Scrum development team, the Senior Developer delivers enterprise web solution enhancements and new features that tightly integrate into central back-end gambling systems to support the business need. This position acts as a senior technical resource on small to large scale projects as well as mentoring and supporting other team members.
Software/Web Development: Develop digital consumer experiences based on the foundation of the AEM product suite, including Sites and Assets; design and implement new and updated components for the AEM platform; develop OSGI bundles for Java code, custom servlets in AEM and workflow step components; possess a holistic skillset to provide effective full stack development tasks; create new and update existing templates and pages; perform unit testing and participate in code peer reviews; assume responsibility for the quality and timeliness of assigned software development efforts; adhere to code management process and procedures; collaborate and perform code builds and releases into various environments.
Agile/Scrum Team Collaboration: Work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum development team; provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to other team members; participate within Agile sprint planning, prioritization and other team meetings; provide input towards technical solutions on projects and enhancements; design, develop and provide input to Software Architecture/ Frameworks when needed for various projects and initiatives.
Projects: Senior technical resource on projects; work collaboratively within a larger development team augmented by external agencies when needed during larger project deliverables; develop work packages based on business requirements, creatives and wireframes.
Tools/Environment Management: Will share responsibility to manage code repository, build setup, configuration and deployments in various environments; multiple development team tools setup and ongoing management; document process and procedures around tool setup / management; setup, manage and deploy new and existing AEM environments.
Continuous Learning: Study new web technology and remain technically current; improve skillset in vast variety of currently used programming languages and tools; the Senior Developer has a holistic view of the AEM architecture and solution; will be proficient in all technologies used in the end-to-end solution; consistently look for ways to improve the quality and efficiency of the work packages being delivered within sprints.
Operations: Participate in an on-call rotation production support team; diagnose and solve technical problems with the team in testing and production; collaborate with the ALC IT Ops Team and various vendors that integrate into ALC's web properties; establish working relationships with internal departments, vendors and ensure that interaction is responsive and accurate and that incidents are escalated as required; understanding of full environment setup and configuration for end-to-end AEM solution within various environments including production and testing.
What we can expect from you:
- A deep understanding and proven experience with Java, JEE, servlets, JSP, tag libraries, and JSTL skills, combined with a strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate);
- Experience with Web Services development using RESTful implementations;
- Experience building player centric web applications with focus on scalability, usability, workflows and performance;
- A solid understanding of security concerns for end-to-end web-based applications;
- You have excellent communications and time management skills;
- Working knowledge of software testing, building high quality software, and experience with software testing tools, regression testing etc.;
- Experience with Content Management Systems;
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles;
- Desire to help build exceptional client experience and;
- A strong level of passion and willingness to be awesome!
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques and technologies with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Comfortable working within a Redhat/Linux server environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 5+ Years Related Full Stack Web Development experience and;
Awesome if you had:
- AGILE/SCRUM team experience;
- Proficient with tools such as: JIRA and Bitbucket Cloud, Maven, Eclipse IDE, Sublime, GIT code repositories;
- Experience using KnockoutJS, Less, ES6, Webpack and Nodejs related technologies;
- Understanding of all Adobe AEM building blocks, Sightly (HTL) templating language; components, dialogs, widgets, etc., as well as the AEM development and deployment process
- Development experience in AEM v6.0+, Classic and Touch UI;
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Java JRE 1.8, Granite Platform, OSGi or; Framework: (CQSE Servlet Engine, CRX Content Repository, Sling Content Delivery, Granite UI);
- Experience with Cross-Platform (iOS/Android) Mobile Development (example: React Native, PhoneGap, etc.
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values: Integrity & Social Responsibility. Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before June 21, 2019.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.