Apply Now Producer (Sydney)
Sydney, NS, Canada Req #641
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
As a Producer at Eastlink Community TV, you will have a video production and editing background coupled with the ability to multi-task in a television production environment. You will be responsible for the development and completion of local television programming of both single and multi-camera productions and will coordinate, shoot and edit regularly scheduled television programs.
- Coordinate, shoot, and edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local television programs.
- Represent and participate in community relations activities for the channel and the company.
- Participate in Mobile Production set-ups/tear-outs and be a member of the production crew.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in television production or broadcasting;
- Experience in ENG/EFP and studio production;
- Experience with AVID media composer or other non-linear editing systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A valid Nova Scotia driver's license with good driving record, and reliable transportation;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos);
- Frequently required to work outside;
- Reside within the local cable system network.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products - Internet, TV, Mobile, Telephone and Security and Automation - to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all, we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey starts here.
- Job Family Eastlink Community TV
- Pay Type Salary
- Sydney, NS, Canada