NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Enfant-Jésus RHSJ Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Food Services
CLASSIFICATION: Cook (2004) / Prep cook (2003)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
2004 - 90 hrs / 6 weeks
08:30 to 16:30
8 hour shifts
2003 - 45 hrs / 6 weeks
06:30 to 14:30 07:00 to 15:00
The incumbent must prepare, cook, and portion large quantities of food, while respecting special diet requests. The employee will also be responsible for serving meals-on-wheels and patient meals, keeping the work area clean, as well as overseeing the running of the department. The incumbent will help assemble trays, check contents of trays, and deliver trays to nursing units and pick them up after each meal. He or she will restock the kitchenette in the Medicine/Palliative Care Unit, look after the cleanliness of the sector, carry out housekeeping duties, wash dishes and pots and pans, wash floors, as well as store and rotate merchandise. This position involves lifting heavy objects.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Provincial Certificate of Qualification issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupationnal Certification Act as a licensed cook;
- Experience cooking large quantities of food;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophyand organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French is required.
1. This position includes the classification of 2004 (cook) from $23.1388 to $24.9081 and 2003 (prep cook) from $17.8224 to $19.1840.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "