BI Database Administrator (03-1959)
The BI Database Administrator (DBA) is a service oriented professional technical resource that ensures that database management and operation are done so in a manner commensurate with industry accepted standards, methodologies and procedures, protecting the core business activities of AL from service disruption to its database environment.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Administers and manages all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances and database servers
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes, etc. through the development life cycle.
- Recommends solutions by defining database structure and functional capabilities, security, back-ups, and recovery specifications.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure AL standards are being adhered to.
- Perform lifecycle management.
- Excellent grasp of data warehousing and such processes as extracting, transforming and loading
- Strong skills in T-SQL and PL/SQL development
- Great expertise in processing data and flowcharting techniques
- Excellent understanding of database structures, principles, theories and practices.
- Data Warehousing
- Oracle Database Administration
- Oracle Database-Level Performance Tuning
- SQL Query Tuning
- Oracle Data Integrator
- MSSQL Database Administration
- MSSQL Database-Level Performance Tuning
- Linux and Windows experience
- SQL Developer
- Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Exceptional communication skills
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?