WHAT'S THE JOB?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a Cook, reporting to the Food Services and Catering Manager at Stanton Territorial Hospital, you will be responsible for the proper and timely preparation of meals including, but not limited to, food service, food safety and supervision of kitchen staff.
This is not a camp job.
Your work will include:
- Always maintaining a clean kitchen and food storage areas .
- Prepare high quality, nutritious meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) according to the client scheduling and within the menu plan and budget guidelines.
- Be flexible and respond to client needs and food preferences as necessary.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety regulations and Safe Food Handling/Health Unit regulations.
- Adhere to all relevant Dexterra and hospital policies and procedures.
- Manage inventory.
- Maintain accurate, signed records of meals served.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
- Competitive wage of $24 - $26/hour, depending on experience.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1 - 3 years of experience as a Cook in health care or other high volume environments.
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
- Post-secondary education in culinary or related studies.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Great organization and leadership skills.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or in a relevant field.
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts; days, evenings and weekends
- Physical demand include, but are not limited to walking, standing, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 40 lbs. frequently
- Exposure to extremely hot and extremely cold liquids
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment, as well as exposure to cold
- Long periods of standing
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans' status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.