Requisition ID: 174218
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: NPG Pharmacy Ops
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick
Postal Code: E1C 1H7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
A ll career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
In addition to the regular responsibilities of a relief pharmacist, the Assistant Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing the performance of other relief pharmacists. This oversight is to ensure Relief Pharmacists are offering services in a quality manner that supports the goals and values of Sobeys National Pharmacy Group. Also, the Assistant Pharmacy Manager is responsible within their assigned territory to guide their direct reports in achieving overall excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Finally, through coaching and feedback, the Assistant Pharmacy Manager actively contributes to a positive and productive work environment.
• Communicate regularly with direct reports to ensure all are meeting job responsibilities and are acting in compliance with regulatory and corporate policies, standards, and values.
• Act as a liaison between Relief Pharmacists, the Relief Coordinator, and Pharmacy District Managers.
• Connecting with relief in person (some travel required) and virtual, as needs require.
• Completing Mid Year and Year End Performance Reviews for direct reports
• Reviewing and approving expense reports for direct reports
• Hosting regular team calls to ensure their direct reports are up to date on all corporate training and communications as required.
• Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment
• Reliable mode of transportation
• Ability and desire to use new communication tools.
• Ability to work efficiently
• Flexibility in scheduling
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
• Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
• Injection Certification required
• Previous experience in a pharmacy setting required
• Previous experience as a Relief Pharmacist preferred
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.