Kelly Cove Salmon Ltd., a division of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., a dynamic and growing east coast family company, with Platinum Member status in the Canada's Best Managed Companies Program has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the Company's team as a Net Washing Vessel Captain based out of Nova Scotia.
As a Marine Maintenance Vessel Captain, you will play a crucial role in the maintenance and operation of our marine maintenance vessel. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the maintenance of containment nets and sea cages used in aquaculture operations. You will work closely with the vessel crew to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the equipment. The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong work ethic, physical stamina, and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
As Vessel Captain, you will be responsible for:
- Exercising the necessary authority to ensure policies and procedures are followed & time frames are met.
- Building effective crew and organizational relationships using people management and communication skills
- Leading the vessel crew whilst performing the following primary duties:
- General site maintenance
- Maintain required paperwork and submit accurate reports.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and care of cleaning equipment is completed.
- Ensure the needs of the crew are met.
- Harvest assistance may be required.
A successful candidate will:
- Possess a Fishing Master IV
- Have the drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet the established criteria.
- Be willing to travel if required.
This position requires a degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of safety, quality, and accuracy.
*As per company policy, a clear result of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Cooke offers full-time year-round employment, competitive rates and a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental as well as a company-matched pension.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in New Brunswick and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer
Why Cooke...simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible .
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
r interviews will be contacted