The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Precast Solutions, a division of The Shaw Group Limited is known for our commitment to provide high quality concrete products since 1945 and we take pride in our ability to customize highly specialized products. We are currently hiring for a Rebar/Reinforcing Ironworker.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Ironworker will help expand capacities at the Lantz Precast Facility, make a significant impact and drive change while working with Production Leads, Engineers and Senior Management. This exciting position requires the successful candidate to take ownership, develop new best practices while helping to build and develop the team around them.
The successful candidate will serve as the Rebar/ Reinforcing Ironworker working in a team environment on a fast paced production setting.
· Work is typically indoors, in a heated environment, and at the same location every day
· Overtime is available and encouraged, as required by the business
· Location is a Boilermakers Local D579 unionized site
The successful candidate may be responsible for:
· Active participation and involvement as part of a strong safety culture
· Read blueprints and specifications to lay out work.
· Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures.
· Make structural and architectural precast concrete components for buildings, bridges, towers, and other structures.
· Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed.
· Build and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment, and rigging.
· Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints.
· Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or non-compliance with specifications.
· Assemble and build prefabricated metal structures.
· Daily collaboration with Lead Hands and Plant Manager to meet and exceed goals and objectives
· Work directly with engineering department to create efficient design
· Play a key role in the kitting and staging of rebar to facilitate a smooth assembly process
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
· High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
· Experience tying rebar
· Thorough understanding of best practices for concrete reinforcing fabrication
· Ability to read construction drawings
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
· Maintains a high level of integrity and accountability
· Easily adaptable in the field as the demands of the plant change
· Safety and Quality minded
· Ability to work regular shift work and overtime as required
Please note: This is a full time position, hours of work: Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week with opportunity for overtime.
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Woman, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com