Shop Lead, Overhead Door
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Shop Lead, Overhead Door within its Door Opening Solutions Group. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Supervisor.
The primary role of this position is to manage all material and products in the Overhead Door Warehouse. Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Cutting and assembling overhead door sections as required.
- Picking hardware orders, assembling track packages and packing to the requirements of our technicians and external customer requirements.
- Preparing cables and springs to meet requirements.
- Manage the receiving, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that arrive.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound and outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters, adjusting where necessary.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- MS Windows experience. MS Office (email, spreadsheets) knowledge. Willingness to learn new software.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd, Moncton, NB, E1E 2G8
We thank all applicants for their interest in becoming an APEXer, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.