Overhead Door Helper
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Overhead Door Helper within its Door Opening Solutions Group. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Supervisor.
The primary role of this position is to travel with door installers to customer locations for troubleshooting, repairing, servicing and installing overhead doors or related products using established procedures, and ensuring that customer specifications are met with quality standards are maintained.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Travel to and from customer locations.
- Load and unload overhead door sections or hardware.
- Troubleshoot, repair, service, and install doors, hardware, or related products.
- Prepare cables and springs per standard requirements.
- Maintain service schedules by following established procedures.
- Safety check work site(s).
- Prepare paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion (i.e. time cards, service tickets, mileage reports, work orders, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools (i.e. hammer, saw, drill, hand-tools, etc.).
- Ability to read imperial measurements.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
- Ability to climb or work from a ladder, balance, reach, crouch, kneel, stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional overnight travel and some weekend work or overtime may be required.
- Previous experience installing and servicing overhead doors or related products.
- Ability to use a cutting torch, weld, drive a forklift, or operate a scissor lift.
- Knowledge of arc welding or grinding.
- First Aid or Fall Arrest Training.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd, Moncton, NB, E1E 2G8
We thank all applicants for their interest in becoming an APEXer, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.