Apex is currently accepting resumes for a Project Manager and Estimator within its Door Opening Solutions Group. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the primary role of this full-time position will be project management and estimating in support of sales efforts for the New Brunswick market, as well as assisting teams, customers, and site superintendents with the coordination and distribution of all project information or changes.
This role is also responsible for developing bid packages for future work, analyzing costing margins associated with existing work, and analyzing compiled data on all factors that influence costs.
- Respond to customer requests for quotation in a timely and professional manner for commercial or residential garage doors, dock levelers, dock seals, and other related overhead door products.
- Compare gross margins against quotations and provide insight on gross margin improvement(s).
- Work with subcontractors or suppliers on pricing issues, as required.
- Analyze data on factors that influence cost (i.e. materials, labour, location, special requirements).
- Assist the team, customers, and site superintendents with the coordination and distribution of all project information or changes, paying specific attention to scheduling, product reconciliation, and any required documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within the construction industry would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer proficiency (with additional training to be provided).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortability with both working under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.