As an Intermediate Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of online and blended training solutions. Working closely with Clients, Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific program and organizational goals.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct QC reviews and report any issues to the Project Manager.
- Participate in appropriate planning processes, meeting and working groups dealing primarily with the overall project, the project team and matters pertaining to general courseware production and the content review and revision cycles.
- Support development of the project plan and schedule.
- Design the learning solution and prepare both high level and detailed design documents.
- Conduct background research and content analysis from a design perspective.
- Act as project lead ID on assigned project/projects and mentor/support Junior IDs in the development of ALSC products.
- Review source materials, interview subject matter experts and conduct other related activities to identify and acquire the necessary content for courseware design and development.
- Ensure course objectives including assessment strategies, are mapped from the TP and design documents.
- Complete specific monthly deliverables as mandated by the CDevO or his delegate. Collaborate with the client and Multimedia Developers in the creation, review and refinement of Courseware Prototypes and Beta Tests.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and maintain Project Plans, Project Schedules, and effort estimates for courseware production tasks, to include daily time tracking using automated software.
- Provide advice, interpretation, and guidance and deliver presentations on courseware or project-related issues.
- Support resolution to key project-specific issues by providing advice on alternative strategies and approaches.
- Support the ALSC vision and contribute to strategies and courses of action.
- Providing support when required in the areas of: Architecture, design, tools, standards and trends and theories.
- Perform ID peer reviews on storyboards (IAW QA and ID standards and SOPs).
What do you need to succeed?
- College diploma (in any field) or a university degree (in any field).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the last 10 years in instructional design.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the last 10 years as project lead instructional designer in the instructional design of eLearning products
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada Secret clearance through PSPC.
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The federal government has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for public servants and all contractor personnel who access Government of Canada workplaces. As an employee of Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) performing work for federal government customers of BTSI, you will be subject to this mandate. BTSI has a duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace and is contractually obligated to adhere to government mandates, policies, and directives. Your employment agreement with BTSI will require that you obey all workplace health, safety, and security rules and regulations established by BTSI or the customer. Every BTSI employee working on BTSI customer worksites will be required to complete an attestation before you are employed by BTSI, stating that you are fully vaccinated (full series of a Health Canada-approved vaccine, 14 days have passed since your last dose). This is a mandatory requirement and failure to complete the attestation will result in you being non-compliant for the position and we will therefore be unable to move forward in the hiring process.