Requisition ID: 181047
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
City: New Waterford
Location: 2755 New Waterford Lawtons Pharm
Postal Code: B1H 1Z2
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1,600 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 131,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families in our communities.
You'll be part of our pharmacy team that's committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients' expectations. We are looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and professional individuals to join our team who will make meeting the health needs of our patients their top priority.
Here's where you'll be focusing:
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion while acting in the patient's best interest to achieve excellence in the areas of patient-centered care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services (disease state management, medication reviews and adherence, health risk assessments, injections/vaccines etc.)
- Provide patient counselling and education for new therapy to patients/caregivers while tailoring to the needs and concerns of the patient (i.e., literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.)
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and complete proper documentation
- Participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients
- Actively engage in all areas of Fusion to ensure patients experience seamless care and a consistent pharmacy experience across locations
- Ensure prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Registered Technicians and Assistants as required
- Thoroughly understand all relevant corporate pharmacy service offerings/ programs and provide each customer/patient with the program that meets their health care needs
- Maintain current knowledge of pharmacy practice, regulatory requirements, and industry trends/developments; attend training as required
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements, Company policies, processes, and procedures (e.g., OHS, Loss Prevention, CQI)
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist, in good standing, in the province of responsibility
- Injection and First Aid Certification
- Kroll software experience is preferred
- yle needs
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.