Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and to solidify ourselves as the "Trusted Destination for Everything Auto" for employees and customers alike.
Steele Mazda St. John's is seeking a Pre-Owned Sales Manager to join our team!
As the Pre-Owned Sales Manager with Steele Mazda St. John's, you will be responsible for the successful operations of all aspects of the Pre-Owned Department within the dealership while supporting the successful operation of the new car department when needed. You offer experience in the industry, a proven sales track record and are a positive team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for the department.
- Monitor department profitability and take responsibility for corrective measures
- Maintain and control vehicle inventory, including enforcement of set turn and age policies
- Monitors customer market data, lost sales, lead volumes and dealership sales history and conducts local market analyses to determine proper stocking/pricing strategies
- Hires, leads, motivates, coaches and monitors the performance of all sales employees
- Acquires pre-owned inventory from internal and external sources, including trade-ins, auctions, and inter-group acquisitions. Tracks results of acquisitions and monitors gross profits
- Ensures that cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning is performed within the dealership's cost and time limitations.
- Ensures proper follow-up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring prospecting, lead management and sales control systems
- Work with staff to ensure proper lead management KPIs are met or exceeded
- Assists individual salespeople in setting monthly goals and objectives and provides them with the support and mentorship to meet these goals
- Work cohesively with other dealership departments to ensure ultimate functionality
- Other duties as required
- A proven track record of setting and achieving sales targets
- Financial knowledge of dealership operations
- 3-5 years of previous automotive sales experience
- Knowledge of both New and Pre-owned vehicle departments
- Previous experience as a team leader/mentor/coach. Willing to train the right individual
Why Steele Auto?
- Competitive compensation package, with annual wage review
- Flexible Health and Dental Plans, 6 different cost shared options to meet everyone's needs
- Enhanced Benefits including Telehealth, Mental Health Support and EFAP
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match up to 4%, after 5 years up to 5%
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchasing, parts, and service at any of our locations
- A safe, inclusive, and dynamic work environment
We sincerely thank our applicants interested in this opportunity and wish to advise that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Steele Auto Group will fill positions by drawing from internal candidates possessing the desired qualifications and to promote from within, where possible. Hiring and promotion of all candidates is based on skills, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
Steele Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we commit to a fair, inclusive opportunity to apply. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day. If selected for an interview, please advise us of any accommodation you may require throughout the recruitment process. To learn more about our company, culture, and opportunities, please visit www.steeleauto.com