Requisition ID: 192656
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) contributes to the profitable growth of the Dealer Finance Centre portfolio. The ASM develops new and maintains existing Dealer and Manufacturer Indirect Retail business in line with short and long-range Bank objectives and policies. The ASM is responsible for achieving both business development and customer satisfaction goals for an assigned market area as well as ensuring related expenses are controlled within authorized budgets. The incumbent is expected to manage the relationship with the dealer, ensuring customer satisfaction and high quality service is provided.
- Develop a marketing/calling program with assigned accounts and new prospects to reach established business development targets by:
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of dealer finance (retail lending indirect and retail leasing) products, policies, services, and credit risks
- Undertaking call planning to develop strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers
- Maintaining a high market profile in order to develop relationships to build and grow business opportunities
- Execute an aggressive marketing/calling program on designated customers and prospects within the assigned market area according to agreed upon growth objectives by:
- Making business development calls to prospects and customers alone or with Relationship Manager
- Providing the Retail Sales Manager with timely and accurate business development reporting
- Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales calling program
- Ensuring that the Bank's interests are protected at all times by strictly adhering to risk management and compliance programs, internal and regulatory guidelines, including Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, etc.
- Ensuring adherence to Information, Security and Policy Privacy Requirements.
- Contribute to the maintenance of effective operations for the processing of dealer finance arrangements by assisting in problem resolution, as required
- Build and maintain a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts and centres of influence within the market area
- Building and maintaining relationships with key players/contacts
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts
- Ensure all aspects of assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required, to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by:
- Using strong knowledge of the Bank's diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented
- Responding/resolving enquiries from customers, as required, regarding credit lines, general enquiries and complaints; ensuring all customer enquiries, concerns and complaints are resolved to the customer's satisfaction, resolving same within authority or by referring customer to the appropriate source, as set up in the Bank's Complaint Resolution
- Providing an excellent and consistent level of customer service in dealings with both internal and external customers
Complexity of Position
- The incumbent must have:
- Excellent understanding of Dealer Finance programs, products, policies and services (in particular, Automotive) including a working knowledge of systems/platforms, routines and operating procedures
- Extensive knowledge of all retail lending indirect and retail leasing products as well as a solid knowledge of other retail products which may meet customer needs
- Strong knowledge of the Automotive Finance marketplace in Canada and a detailed knowledge of key prospects, major customers and competitive positioning within the assigned market area; awareness of local market and general economic conditions
- Thorough knowledge of Automotive Finance systems and platforms
- Strong personal computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software and planning tools as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of communication, sales and general information activities including preparing proposals and documents, monitoring results and responding to enquiries.
- The incumbent is out of the office most of the time conducting visits and resolving customer concerns and complaints. The ASM works in a variety of remote offices and hotel facilities.
- Depending on the Region, the incumbent may undertake extensive travel within the assigned geographic market area, which can be an exceptionally large territory. Some DFC's service customers across an entire province or several provinces. Depending on the DFC location, the incumbent may travel 35 to 40 times per year often by air or extended vehicle trips. Trips can be for durations of up to one week and while trips are often planned, a high degree of travel flexibility may be required by the incumbent to manage priority business opportunities.
- Working hours vary between DFC's. Some centres operate 6 days per week and are open until 9:00 p.m. While most Sales Representatives typically work a standard day, non-standard working hours can occur. In addition, DFC trade shows may require the sales team to be able to operate 7 days per week.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna || Canada : British Columbia : Kamloops || Canada : British Columbia : Vernon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.