Manager, Primary Care Transformation
New Brunswick Medical Society
Reporting to the Chief of Negotiations and Physician Compensation and the Physician Stewardship Group of Family Medicine New Brunswick (FMNB), the Manager, Primary Care Transformation is a dynamic and forward-thinking professional responsible for the ongoing development and leadership of the Family Medicine New Brunswick Program and the design, implementation, and ongoing administration of innovative and progressive primary care models and services, which embody the patient medical home concept in New Brunswick.
The Manager will be the primary liaison between the primary care physicians and the Medical Society. This includes working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the Department of Health, the Medical Society, Regional Health Authorities, the Family Medicine Specialty Council, Primary care physicians, and FMNB Physician Groups. This role requires an individual with an understanding of healthcare management, including patient-centered care principles.
Working under the framework of the primary care patient medical home model, the Manager will be responsible for shaping and continually improving primary care delivery while building the FMNB Program to meet or exceed the performance indicators as outlined by doctors, government and the Society. This includes program development, leadership and collaboration, strategic planning, quality assurance, training and education and recruitment to the FMNB program.
The pace of the organizational development involved is swift. The Manager will be familiar with the New Brunswick health care landscape; have experience managing relationships with key stakeholders and physician groups in the province; have the flexibility to succeed in a dynamic, start-up environment; and appreciate the political, cultural, and clinical implications of the program.
In addition to these core responsibilities, the Manager will support the New Brunswick Medical Society's strategic objectives, and lead related projects as required.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
The New Brunswick Medical Society is committed to developing and supporting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable environment for both physicians and staff. We encourage applicants from equity-deserving populations to self-identify in their application, as we will give preference to these applicants. If you have questions about how the New Brunswick Medical Society can ensure a safe place of employment for you, or how the hiring process can accommodate your needs, we invite you to reach out to the contact person listed in this ad.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- design, develop and administer primary care strategies and models
- lead the design and continuous development of the FMNB program, ensuring alignment with organizational goals
- identify opportunities for program expansion and improvement based on emerging healthcare trends and patient needs
- collaborate with cross-functional teams, including healthcare providers, the Department of Health and Regional Health Authorities
- provide leadership & guidance to ensure effective communication and collaboration among program stakeholders
- monitor and evaluate program outcomes, making data-driven decisions to enhance program effectiveness
- implement and oversee quality assurance measures to ensure the delivery of high-quality, patient-centered care
- establish and monitor key performance indicators to track program success and identify areas for improvement
- actively engage with physicians in the program and be responsive to concerns and feedback from physicians
- represent the organization at relevant conferences, meetings, and events to promote and lead continuous improvement strategies within the Primary care setting as well as the the FMNB Program
- recruit physicians to the FMNB Program
- continually connect with physicians; and respond to physician feedback
- risk analysis and mitigation
- lead related projects as required
Position Location and Hours of Work
This position is located in Fredericton. Ability to work beyond normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to accommodate client needs is required.
Flexible to travel within the province of New Brunswick and maintain a valid driver's license.
- related post-secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications or a related healthcare field. Graduate studies is an asset.
- minimum of five years of full-time professional experience with demonstrated aptitude in leadership, and change management
- experience and/or knowledge of primary care within NB
- experience in program management, preferably a healthcare setting
- experience in working with government, community partners and physicians
- experience in senior health leadership roles is considered an asset
- experience working within a professional association is considered an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- superior writing, analytical and verbal communication as well as large group presentation skills
- proficiency in both official languages
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- ability to sell the benefits of the patient medical home model to physicians and allied health professionals
- significant depth in project management and execution
- analytical mindset with the ability to use data driven decision-making
- effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients
- ability to travel within New Brunswick
- value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues
- ability to work hard and have fun
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan
- a positive and inclusive work culture
- career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities
- interesting, stimulating work with a professional membership
- meaningful involvement in shaping NB's health care system
How to apply?
- candidates are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position
- please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Chief Operating Officer, [email protected]
- only those selected for an interview will be contacted