Requisition ID: 190959
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a member of the digital onboarding team, you will play a key role in delivering new end-to-end experiences across all platforms for immigrants who are new to Canada. Leveraging your ability to organize and motivate teams, you will closely work the other Product Managers, Bank Stakeholders, Software Developers, and Designers to translate the customer journey directives into actionable backlog deliverables. You will play a key role in identifying and executing new opportunities across customer and product onboarding that delivers a seamless and secure onboarding journey for new Canadians. You will follow the backlog through to completion while ensuring all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Drives the execution of a backlog geared to delivering end-to-end onboarding experiences for New Canadians across customer and product onboarding, including implementing international identity verification and unique product opening experiences in multiple bank channels
- Leads continuous discovery to understand customer needs, pain points, industry trends and best practices. Reviews both qualitative and quantitative data to identify opportunities to add to the backlog
- Works closely with design, engineering, and business partners to come up with solutions to problem areas identified within Discovery
- Works with analytics to monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales funnel performance, application starts, completes and conversions
- Collects and synthesizes internal and external data to drive direction, establish baselines and drive decisioning
- Partakes in customer interviews/user testing to define customer pain points and test ideas, features and designs
- Maintains a prioritized backlog, write detailed user stories and participate in sprint planning and review activities. Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams, clarifying questions and helping with decision making
- Establishes a close relationship with the business stakeholders to ensure their requirements are translated into the right products and journeys. Manage expectations with effective communication
- Leads the presentment of progress, demos, and backlog prioritization to key executive stakeholders and steering committees
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in a role building customer facing digital products, particularly in onboarding and identity verification experiences.
- managed a technology product or a digital journey end-to-end, from inception to delivery.
- knowledgeable about multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Management Consulting, Agile/Scrum, Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales and Marketing, Finance
- A master of identifying and solving ambiguous problems to drive customer and business value.
- excellent organizational, technical and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
- Your verbal, written and visual communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in financial services is considered an asset.
- Engineering, Computer Science or Business degrees considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.