DEPARTMENT: NB FASD Centre of Excellence
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
JOB TYPE: Temporary full-time
SCHEDULE: Day, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance, Training and Continuing Professional Development Coordinator of the New Brunswick Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Centre of Excellence, the speech-language pathologist is responsible for preparing, administering and interpreting tests for children aged 0 to 21 years who are likely living with FASD, drafting preliminary and final reports, and formulating recommendations for home, school and the community based on assessment results.
The speech-language pathologist is responsible for performing their clinical work in accordance with professional standards and regional policies and procedures. The speech-language pathologist must understand the need for collaboration and work well with their peers to discuss problems and alternative strategies, participate regularly in interdisciplinary team meetings and care planning, keep clinical records and documentation in accordance with the privacy legislation and policies of New Brunswick and Vitalité Health Network, and build relations with essential stakeholders within the government and the community.
The speech-language pathologist works closely with the interdisciplinary team, staff, manager and medical director of the Centre of Excellence.
The speech-language pathologist is responsible for ensuring compliance and standardization based on best practices and developing clinical expertise in FASD.
- Master's degree in speech-language pathology;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists;
- Clinical certification from Speech-Language and Audiology Canada would be considered an asset;
- FASD Multidisciplinary Diagnostic Team Training 2019 (CanFASD) or ability to take this training within prescribed time frame;
- Knowledge of the FASD field and Canadian diagnostic guidelines would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative work as a member of a professional interdisciplinary team;
- Good, related experience involving increasing responsibilities in which leadership skills and competencies as a speech-language pathologist were shown;
- Work experience in the fields of speech and language development, voice/resonance, acquired speech and language, as well as dysphagia would be considered an asset;
- Work experience with First Nations' communities would be considered an asset;
- Training experience in cultural competencies would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of evidence-based research and practice in the FASD field would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 software (Word, PowerPoint);
- Interpersonal and organizational communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities and tolerate stress;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Autonomy, flexibility, sound clinical judgment and initiative;
- Rigour and commitment;
- High regard for confidentiality and discretion;
- Motivation and enthusiasm;
- Change facilitator;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.