PSA Halifax is recruiting for an Electrical Superintendent
PSA Halifax Limited Partnership (PSA Halifax) is a container terminal operator owned and operated by PSA International. With natural deep water, capability to handle any sized vessel, year-round ice-free access, and a management team with diverse international experience, PSA Halifax is the container terminal of choice on Canada's East Coast. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly successful and leading container terminal operation in the East Coast of Canada.
The Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring the on-site implementation and conformance of Electrical engineering and maintenance programs of all PSA Halifax equipment and other Electrical Engineering infrastructure. The position will focus primarily on preventive & corrective maintenance practices, but also develop predictive and condition-based maintenance for the areas of responsibility. All work will be done in compliance with PSA Halifax Safety program. The position will ensure all trade work is done to applicable industry specifications, codes and standards.
The Electrical Superintendent ensures Electrical Engineering preventive/corrective maintenance is implemented on Engineering infrastructure. The basic Electrical infrastructure of the Terminal is built and maintained by HPA. The Electrical Superintendent will co-ordinate through the Facilities Superintendent to liaise with HPA to ensure the availability, upgrade and augmentation of such Electrical services in line with Terminal's changing requirements. Oversee all trade related work as conducted by electricians and/or subcontractors to ensure work is done to industry specific codes and standards and monitors all work activities to ensure the facilities equipment preventive maintenance schedule is being utilized and maintained timely. They will contribute to overall engineering and organizational goals of eliminating accidents and incidents in the workplace. Administers the Collective Agreement with local 1825 as necessary.
- Industry related trade certification from a recognizable educational institution, along with heavy duty industry related work experience. At least 2 years industry related Container Terminal experience is considered a definite asset; however, similar heavy duty experience, working within a supervisory role, where the role was responsible to carry out preventative maintenance with OH&S is also acceptable.
- Ability to work with math concepts such as: basic math, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, percentages, and apply them to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and data furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form.
- MS Office including: (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook Email, Adobe Pro, Internet. Able to use technology to maximize efficiencies and learn upgrades, programs quickly.
- Red Seal Electrical Certification, Basic First Aid, Confined Space, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Fire Extinguisher, Forklift, Leadership, TDG, Arc Flash, Due Diligence, Inspection, Incident Investigation, Risk Assessment, Spill Management, WHMIS specific.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, persuasion skills, public speaking, negotiating skills; strong oral and written communicating skills; able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
PSA Halifax is an equal opportunity employer