Requisition ID: 188451
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager, Portfolio Controls leads and oversees the controls within Loyalty & Partnerships (L&P) ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. This includes being responsible for the controls in place to ensure the accuracy of records, promote operational efficiency, and encourage adherence to policies, all in partnership with the rest of the L&P team as well as the Bank's Business Control Team.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
• Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
• Support in defining and documenting control objectives and procedures
• Lead the monitoring of management controls in the department
• Be responsible to ensure that support is provided for audit and ongoing risk assessment/reviews. This includes partnering with the reviewers and help organize requests, maintain records of evidence shared and help manage any action plans that are the result of the review until issue closure. Provide quarterly updates and complete closure submission documents.
• Be responsible to ensure updates are provided on time for all non-self-identified issues. Influence decisions, escalate issues for discussion and resolution.
• Collaborate with various departments, identifying process improvements, and recommending strategies to enhance departmental performance.
• Lead and be responsible for the ongoing review of testing / monitoring results and manage payment of production cards
• Accountable for updating the audit issue status dashboard for the open audit issues and track each to closure
• Support an environment of open and honest communication; contribute to the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Create an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Build a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
• Leadership skills and the ability to effectively organize a process with high visibility and multiple deliverables with specific and time sensitive deadlines
• Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in business or operations management
• 7+ years demonstrated success working within a defined control framework
• Knowledge of retail products, financial and operations functions is in asset
• Prior experience with audit or reporting operations is an asset
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work hands-on as well as with cross functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills; ability to convey information clearly and simply at all levels
• Ability to navigate a global organization through determination, personal creativity, drive, and conviction
• Strong strategic thinking and results focus skills along with high attention to detail
• Strong facilitator, with the ability to lead team of senior contributors to overall objectives
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.