Hours37.5Workplace ModelHybridPay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department Overview
The Finance Governance, Risk and Control (GRC) team are the protectors of our businesses guided by the Three Lines of Defense Risk Framework including Risk Ownership, Risk Oversight, and Internal Audit. Our overall goal is to oversee the compliance of business risk, controls, and oversight activities, while lending a critical voice as a consultant contributing towards a mutual goal. If you are excited to make your career where you can develop a deep knowledge of risk, governance, and control issues, then join our team to drive the business forward and take your own career to new heights.Job Details
Experienced governance, risk and control professional who proactively supports a diverse portfolio of risk-related programs to effectively manage and mitigate operational/ regulatory risk and drive a strong governance and internal control environment. The role will facilitate risk assessments, provide insightful advice and independent challenge, and encourage transparent discussion of operational risk issues fostering an effective transparent risk culture.
Your ability to analyze, organize and prioritize will be foundational to your success in the role. You will act as a subject matter expert and develop and maintain a robust understanding of governance and control requirements. Your strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders and form positive working relationships will be key.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Governance, Risk and Control, accountabilities include ensuring effective execution of the enterprise 1B Mandate and Standard across Corporate functions, with specific focus on the Risk Management organization. As a key member of the team, you will:
- Execute, lead, and support initiatives to identify and assess risks and control, develop strategies to remediate gaps identified, and implement processes to effectively manage and mitigate risk
- Drive a strong governance and internal control environment and perform effective challenge by executing on enterprise control and governance frameworks, including (but not limited to) pRCSA standards, regulatory compliance policies and standards, privacy policies and business managed technology standards
- Proactively identify opportunities to strengthen and improve processes and controls, and ensure the Corporate Functions operate within the Bank's risk appetite
- Promote awareness, understanding and ownership of operational/ regulatory risk, key risk drivers and mitigation strategies within Corporate Function teams
- Identify, size, and implement operational and continuous improvements to business processes to maximize efficiencies and scale/grow capabilities and teams to meet business needs
- Provide leadership team with information, reporting and support to ensure operational risks are appropriately managed and adherence to internal policies and procedures is effective
- Maintain an understanding of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, operational processes, inherent risks, and ORM policies & practices to provide tailored advice and counsel to the Corporate Functions
- As a trusted advisor to internal business partners, recognize and anticipate emerging trends, identify issues/opportunities, and recommend actions to senior management
- 5+ years relevant experience, with preference given to demonstrated proficiency in 1B or 2A roles in Risk Management or other control functions (e.g., Audit, Compliance, Privacy)
- Organizational awareness and sensitivity
- Proven skills in assessing and prioritizing based on business impact, need and risk factors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing concise business messages, documents, creating impactful presentations, and presenting analysis to management and senior executives
- Proven ability to work with and build strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- Solution oriented, with ability to navigate the organization and make assessments and decisions with sometimes vague, incomplete, or partial context/parameters
- Independent thinker with exceptional analytical skills and strong business acumen
- High degree of personal initiative, with strong influencing and leadership skills
- Undergraduate degree: professional accounting, internal auditing or risk management designation and training would be beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!