Requisition ID: 186989
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.Associate Financial Consultant, Acquisition
Imagine an environment that encourages you to bring your best self to work every day. A company committed to your personal development and career aspirations. An employer who not only respects your requirement for life/work flexibility, but also endorses it. A place where diversity and inclusion and a commitment to employee health and wellbeing are part of the corporate DNA. A job that is more than a job – allowing you to make a meaningful contribution to the welfare of some of the hardest working Canadians we know – physicians. If not only what you do but who you do it for matters, consider this opportunity join our exceptional team of professionals committed to making a difference to those on the front lines of Canadian healthcare.
There has never been a better time to join MD as an Associate Financial Consultant, Acquisition. The Associate Financial Consultant, Acquisition Program is a multi-year salaried program aimed at developing high performing, entrepreneurial-minded individuals into a Senior Financial Consultant role. Successful candidates will complete a comprehensive training program including 5-months in the Scotia Wealth Management Associate Program (WMAP). The program is focused on building a foundation for success centered on developing core financial planning skills and complementary client discovery skills attained through the wealth planning process.
Once the program is completed, you will be able to leverage MD's wealth management tools and reputation to build a wealth advisory practice. You will focus on utilizing client discovery, financial planning, portfolio management and relationship management skills to identify opportunities, develop and execute a plan to help high net worth clients build and sustain their wealth.
As an Associate Financial Consultant, Acquisition you will
- Generate outbound leads and manage inbound referrals, converting both into sales opportunities.
- Apply a growth mindset to assess and analyze all prospect opportunities and create financial plans, leveraging other areas of the business as needed, to provide the appropriate level of service to clients based on their personal preferences and/or financial/investment circumstances.
- Develop and lead marketing initiatives and deliver a high touch, top-quality client experience consistent with MD values and brand.
- Participate in/lead client seminars, partner events, conferences, information sessions and other activities relative to the medical community to promote MD products/programs and increase awareness of legislative changes.
- Lead efforts to convert high-potential targets to grow market share.
- Grow and retain market share through active prospecting, purposeful business development and exceptional customer relationship management.
- Track pipeline reporting to ensure effective sales management and prepare and execute quarterly business plans to meet target objectives.
- Complete financial planning in the areas of risk management, estate planning, liability management, cashflow budgeting, education funding, tax, retirement planning, investment management, practice management and goal setting.
- Prepare and review comprehensive financial plans and investment strategies based on MD Management (MDM) developed and managed optimal portfolio ranges.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-today activities and decisions.
What's In It For You?
- An accelerated career development program that that puts you on the fast track to becoming a Senior Financial Consultant. No wait time for a role to become available or competing for limited roles; graduates of the program move on to become a Senior Financial Consultant.
- Access to training and support to help you attain necessary licensing and certifications on your career path to Senior Financial Consultant (Wealth Management Essentials, Certified Financial Planner Designation, Life License).
- Mentoring and learning opportunities within the MD Wealth Advisory businesses to gain a broad understanding of the MD value proposition and its associated products and services.
- Specialized training in the areas of lead generation, relationship management, comprehensive financial planning and understanding the physician lifecycle and their unique needs/challenges. Rigorous feedback systems and dedicated coaching to ensure your success.
- Access to a community of peers - a cohort program provides you an interactive and dynamic setting to foster creativity, learn new skills and encourage greater progress.
What MD Expects of You:
- The desire to build a career in a Wealth Advisory role – you possess an entrepreneurial spirt, accountability and an openness to constructive feedback.
- You lead by example – you're a resourceful self-starter with well-honed communication skills and the ability to influence and build consensus.
- A commitment to providing an exceptional client experience – built on a foundation of client first relationships, mutual trust, and high integrity.
- A desire to learn – to further your knowledge of not only MD products, but also advanced financial planning concepts including income tax, investment trends and products, and any other issues that could impact MD clients.
- You embrace change – thriving in a diverse environment of ever-changing priorities where ambiguity, multi-tasking and tight deadlines are the norm.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team, always seeking ways to better serve the client.
- A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
- Flexibility – to relocate across Canada.
- Confidence – in yourself, in MD's products, in asking for the business.
The Must Haves:
- A proven track record of success and client service in a high-performing environment.
- Masters or undergraduate university degree in business, commerce, or financial planning.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course prior to employment start date
- Become IRROC licensed as a Registered Representative having completed the Canadian Securities Course, the Conduct & Practices Handbook and subsequently, the 90-day training.
- By year three of the program, completion of the Life License (LLQP), Group Annuity Sector (PQPAV – Quebec only) and a willingness to complete other regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to complete the Wealth Management Essentials course (WME, post-licensing requirement) within 30 months of hire.
- Fluency in a second language (French, Spanish, Mandarin/Cantonese).
- Lending experience.
- Working knowledge of financial planning and financial services.
- Product knowledge.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
- We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
- We know that financial security is important to you and we're here to help – competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable – we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you're able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
- We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket – through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
- We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you'll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.