Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications, and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Coordinator is a highly experienced and effective payroll & service expert with a superior understanding of payroll practices, Canadian legislation, and highly complex customer requirements. The successful incumbent must have exceptional service skills and possess the ability & flexibility to handle multiple tasks & projects while making themselves available to support both their internal & external clients.
- Processing of electronic timesheet data
- Administer changes to employee master profile
- Analyze and audit payroll transactions and time data
- Monthly reporting and reconciliations
- Create monthly Journal Entries and other accounting functions
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance would be considered an asset
- CPA certification and/or equivalent of 2-3 years of experience
- Technical aptitude to work with a complex payroll system (Dayforce)
- Strong computer and payroll systems skills including Excel
- Ability to follow established policies & procedures
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability to react quickly to changing conditions and requirements
- Solid experience working with unionized collective agreements
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning, and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!