At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a Senior Tax Staff you will be a part of U.S. Tax Practice. We help our clients identify and solve complex U.S. and international tax issues and assist them in successfully aligning all of the different areas of taxation into a benefit-driven strategy. You will be offered excellent opportunities for learning and career advancement.
Your key responsibilities
Senior Tax Staff in our U.S. Tax practice participate in and supervise multiple and challenging tax engagements and to contribute to the delivery of compliance services and innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of tax concepts and application of tax knowledge as it relates to U.S. Corporate Federal and state income tax compliance and U.S. income tax provision review / U.S. income tax provision preparation
- Lead preparation and reviews of U.S. corporate and partnership tax returns for multinational clients and U.S. income tax provisions for both public and private companies.
- Conduct tax research at federal and state levels, thoroughly analyze U.S. cross-border tax issues and draft technical memos related to specific client matters
- Develop and deliver innovative tax planning ideas with timely and responsive services and work product that meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Prepare practical and creative solutions to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Lead in developing tax recommendations and implementation plans
- Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas
- Establish/maintain long-term working relationships with clients
- Pursue/share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery
- Identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services
- Leverage technology to continually maximize productivity
- Participate in national initiatives
- Encourage communication and effectively supervise team members
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in US corporate tax
- An accounting designation or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization
- Completion of US CPA and / or US Enrolled Agent
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
- a commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.EY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.