Hours37.50Workplace ModelRemotePay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department OverviewCanadian Personal Banking (CPB) supports customers across Canada with their everyday banking needs through over 1,000 branches, telephone support and online capabilities. Our teams ensure customers have the right products and advice to meet their individual needs.
TD is committed to supporting the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's Calls to Action to corporate Canada. Our goal is to make TD the bank of choice for Indigenous Peoples.Job DetailsThe successful candidate will lead and support the strategy on Indigenous Peoples on behalf of the Canadian Personal Bank. Leveraging a deep understanding of the unique and evolving needs of customers from Indigenous communities, you will work collaboratively with the Indigenous Banking Group and other partners to build on and implement CPB's Strategy on Indigenous Peoples to position TD as the premier bank for customers and talent from Indigenous communities. The position will report to the AVP, Indigenous Peoples & Environment, Social and Governance.
Accountabilities may include the following:
- Own, and evolve the CPB strategy to support customers from Indigenous communities by understanding needs and incorporating meaningful consultation from Indigenous Peoples in our approach
- Leverage data and analysis to distill insights, develop strategies, and communicate recommendations to senior TD executives and business leads
- Provide subject matter expertise and advisory support to CPB, including product, platform, customer banking journeys & ESG teams
- Use strong communication skills to showcase the teams work, engage customers and colleagues, and builds support for initiatives across the bank
- Conduct research to recognize and anticipate emerging trends and identify business opportunities related to product, distribution, and financial literacy
- Increasing proportion of Indigenous Peoples who have reasonable access to TD's personal banking products and advice
- Lead / manage the integrated implementation of policies / processes / procedures / changes across multiple functional areas
- Facilitate key discussions and provide thought leadership to executive audiences (output is roadmap and/or strategic plan/ deliverables/frameworks/ short to long term goals etc.)
- Define and track metrics to measure progress against growing market share, and increasing representation of talent from Indigenous communities
- Innate understanding of the needs of Indigenous communities; the ideal candidate has close ties to Indigenous communities within Canada – First Nation (Status or Non-Status), Inuit or Métis.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 5-10 years relevant experience
- Strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking required
- Persuasive; able to communicate a vision clearly and impact & influence stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and seen as a strong and inclusive business partner
- Strong business knowledge in order to collaborate across the Enterprise and focus on delivering customer service excellence.
- Change leadership – demonstrates a flexible approach; long-term vision & leadership stamina to maintain the course within a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication – written & oral
- Channel-related experience an asset (Branch, Digital, Contact Centre, and/or ATM)
- Customer-focused and commercially minded
- High degree of comfort in dealing with ambiguity
At TD, we recognize there is more work to be done on our collective journey towards Truth and Reconciliation. That's why, we're applying our business, people and philanthropy to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow for Indigenous Peoples across Canada. We believe this is a key step forward on our journey towards Truth and Reconciliation.
We're committed to the ongoing development and growth of colleagues, so that they can unlock their full potential and achieve their career goals. We treat colleagues with the same care, warmth and respect that we show our customers, and we know that caring colleagues and supportive leaders are what makes TD unique. To learn more, visit Indigenous talent at TD.
As part of TD's commitment to attract talent from Indigenous Communities, we invite all applicants from First Nation, Métis, and Inuit communities to apply for this role.Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!