Position: Security Guard
Site: Windsor Regional Hospital
City: Windsor, Ontario
Hours: Monday to Friday (0000-0800)
Pay Rate: $21.21
-Control access to establishments, operate security control-room equipment and patrol assigned areas to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
-Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
-Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed
-Issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas and check age identification of patrons.
-Inspect and screen bags or cargo using equipment or hands
-Perform searches of passengers with tools or by hand
-Monitor and screen passengers through screening checkpoints and other procedures.
- Diploma in Police Foundations, Protection Security & Investigations, Border Services, or Criminology required.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Immunization Record (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and TB skin tests 1 and 2)
- Proof of double COVID-19 Vaccination
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
- Vulnerable Sector Check
Essential Job Functions:
- Be courteous and cooperative with a high quality of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with clinical staff, and the general public while conveying professionalism and authority at all times.
- Able to maintain a professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances and people under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Write clear, concise, and legible reports.
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Site Coordinator.
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.