Hours37.5Workplace ModelHybridPay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department OverviewThe Corporate Development Group is responsible for leading the process for the identification, research, analysis and internal presentation of acquisition / divestiture opportunities for TDBG globally. The Corporate Development Group will also provide leadership and direction in the due diligence process and provide a range of analytical support to enable effective and efficient execution on potential mergers and acquisitions in line with TDBG frameworks.Job DetailsReporting into the AVP, Corporate Development, the Manager, Corporate Development will support in structuring and conducting analysis, managing due diligence processes, and summarizing and presenting results, including identification of key risks and opportunities. This position will also contribute in providing support to the Senior Executive Team (SET) on key strategic questions.
- Conduct independent research and analysis for key enterprise strategic questions and companies of interest, including overview of operations, financial and non-financial performance, strategy, and competitive dynamics
- Play a key role in analyzing potential acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures as directed, including financial modeling and project management
- Build financial model to help evaluate transaction opportunities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the bank to assess the potential acquisition, divestiture, or investment, including Capital, TBSM, and Tax
- Lead project management for due diligence, including drafting the due diligence framework, managing data request lists and data room access, and compiling due diligence results
- Support management with drafting / providing content for presentations to senior business leaders and executives
- Keep abreast of industry and global trends that will impact the financial services sector generally, and TDBG specifically
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, along with external data sources including sources for published reports, consultancies and industry experts on topics of interest.
- Mentor, coach and help a small team of associates and support staff
- High degree of numeracy and comfort with strategic and financial analysis
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, including financial modeling
- Good capability with MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- Willingness and ability to be flexible, work independently, be self-directed, organized, and articulate
- Comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on small and large teams
- Maturity, presence, sensitivity and experience in dealing with senior relationships (internal management, external advisors, target employees, etc.)
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of key Finance / Accounting issues a requirement
- Financial modelling and deal experience preferred
BA in business, mathematics, economics or a related field with high numeracy content, or an M.B.A Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!