Hours37.5Workplace ModelOnsitePay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department Overview
TD Wealth takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients.
Financial Planning team understands that helping clients set and achieve their financial goals while delivering a legendary customer experience is what drives our business success, new business and client loyalty. We do this by knowing our clients, offering the most professional and personalized solutions and building award-winning, high-performing teams.
We have a long and growing history in wealth management leadership and are poised for even greater future success. Feel welcome, challenged and rewarded. Trust us, you'll be busy, but never bored.Job Details
Are you an experienced professional skilled at providing mass affluent investing clients with comprehensive financial planning and advice? If so, then apply for the position of Financial Planner today to assist clients in meeting their financial goals and objectives.
With a focus on relationship management, advice and business development, you will:
- Identify your client's life and financial goals, provide comprehensive reviews and build long-term relationships through financial planning expertise, relationship building and ongoing services
- Conduct reporting and relevant analysis using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations and continually assess the effectiveness of programs, policies and practices
- Contribute to team and department goals while strengthening customer service and dedication
- Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency and implement continuous improvements
- Be knowledgeable of best practices and procedures and stay ahead of emerging trends
- Acquire and apply expertise, provide mentorship, assistance and direction to others
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by aligned risk appetite
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive and service-oriented work environment
This particular posting is open to those who identify part of Indigenous Communities with interest in the Financial Planner role. For other opportunities, both for Indigenous Communities and others, please visit the TD Career Site.Job Requirements
- University Degree and/or 3-5 years industry experience
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) required
- IIROC license preferred (required within first 90 days in role)
- Complete Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) within first 90 days in role
- IQPF licensing required prior to start date (for Quebec only)
- Complete Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within first 30 months in role
- Achieve Certified Financial Planner designation within first 2 years in role
- Deep understanding of the industry, competitive landscape and economic market issues
- Strong communication skills with ability to work collaboratively and independently, provide assistance and build relationships
At TD, we recognize there is more work to be done on our collective journey towards Truth and Reconciliation. That's why, we're applying our business, people and philanthropy to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow for Indigenous Peoples across Canada. We believe this is a key step forward on our journey towards Truth and Reconciliation.
We're committed to the ongoing development and growth of colleagues, so that they can?unlock their full potential and achieve their career goals. We treat colleagues with the same care, warmth and respect that we show our customers, and we know that caring colleagues and supportive?leaders are what makes TD unique. To learn more, visit Indigenous talent at TD.
We work to attract and develop next generation of professionals by offering paid internships, rotational programs, and management associate programs.
- As part of TD's commitment to attract talent from Indigenous Communities, we invite all professionals from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities to apply for this role. Qualified applicants applying through this posting will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Diversity Talent Network for other upcoming opportunities.
- We encourage all candidates, including those who identify from First Nations, Métis, or Inuit communities to apply. https://jobs.td.com/en-CA/ TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!