As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families within the Primary Care North Program. Assigned to the Medical and Emergency Department. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse currently registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- IV Therapy/venipuncture certification
- Ability to perform 12 lead ECG monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation
- Defibrillation certification
- ACLS according to recognized standards or achieve certification within one year
- Ability to accept responsibility and perform in an "in charge" capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, public, staff and physicians in order to develop positive working relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and is willing to participate in ongoing education to upgrade knowledge and skills, as is deemed necessary by candidates own current professional practice and/or Horizon Health Network
- Willingness to adhere to departmental/corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Initiates plan of care using the nursing process
- Applies scientific/research based principles in administering patient focused care
- Communicates and consults with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team professionally
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as required within scope of nursing practice
- Assists physicians with procedures as appropriate and required
- Collaborates with patient and family regarding plan of care
- Utilizes resources within the hospital and community to meet the health care and educational needs of patients and families
- Assists with the orientation of new personnel
- Complies with departmental, hospital and corporate policies and procedures
- Accompanies patients on ambulance transfers as required
- Responsible for Quality Improvement/Risk Management activities
- May be responsible to act as nurse in charge in the absence of the unit manager
- Demonstrates knowledge and physically able to provide care during transport to tertiary centers
- Coordinates and participates in health care programs for the community, as appropriate
- Other occasional duties, as required.
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon's Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon's recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon's hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.