Requisition ID: 184484
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Velocity – Finance Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024 (8 Months)
Term: January – April 2024
Application Deadline: 10/02/2023
There's no better way to kickstart your career than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you'll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There's a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
The Velocity Program is not your average internship or co-op! This is a customized experience that focuses on providing you with the development and tools you need to grow your career. After successfully completing a co-op or internship with top performance, we will work with you to establish your future placements. As a result, you will get to learn, grow, and experiment within different areas of both Scotiabank and Tangerine!
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Update/validate formulas in planning and reporting.
- Populate reporting templates with actual results and ensure completeness.
- Data analysis projects related to various business initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of summary information packages to communicate to leadership.
- Work on the ongoing tracking/reporting of financial metrics.
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We'd love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, and competitions.
- You are a highly self-motivated individual with strong time-management skills.
- You have an analytical mindset and investigative abilities.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- You understand PowerBI, SAS, SQL or Tableau.
What's in it for you?
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How do I apply?
For students applying to our internship/co-op or new graduate programs, we do not require resumes! We believe in evaluating you through relationships?over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential.?Instead,?we ask that as part of your application you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile.
*To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.