Requisition ID: 184507
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Start Date: June 2024
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Application Deadline: 10/02/2023
Who Are We?
The Activate New Graduate Development Program is designed to kick-start your career at Scotiabank in your specific stream of Strategic Functions – when you apply, please be sure to apply to the Activate stream in which you want to specialize. Our Strategic Functions groups are the backbone of the Bank, with focus areas including Marketing, Human Resources, Compliance, Global Treasury, Risk Management, Audit, Finance, and our CPA Pre-Approved program. Each rotation in the Activate program will provide you with experiences that build a foundation for you to become a future leader, accelerating your career journey from day one. You'll also have access to skill-building workshops and challenging work-integrated learning opportunities that will rapidly accelerate your development!
Your Career as an Activate Program Associate:
You'll join our Activate Development program as a full-time permanent employee and will spend 18-30 months rotating to pre-determined areas that will challenge you and provide you with opportunities to learn and grow into a Strategic Functions professional. Our goal at the end of the program is to land you into a permanent role in your area of focus – after 4-6 rotations, you'll be set up to hit the ground running! These rotations are key to your development and aim to ensure you receive a wide breadth of experience in a short period of time. It also provides you with the opportunity to discover your passions and learn more about your areas of interest; you'll gain a well-rounded view of the entire organization, while gaining practical experience, focused on high-impact projects within your business line.
Each stream of the Activate Program has a dedicated recruiting process;?this posting is for Global Audit.?If you're interested in one of the other streams of the Activate program, please search for the appropriate posting on our Scotiabank Careers page.
Is this program right for you? In this program, you will
- Work with collaborative communicators and independent thinkers who are curious to learn, and keen to leverage data to find the right solutions
- Candidates should be interested in how Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls work in the Bank's business lines and core functions.
- As an Audit professional, you can make an impact by shaping the future of the Bank without the requirement to pursue your CPA designation – this is not a CPA Pre-Approved role.?
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this program? – We'd love to work with you if:
- A student with a college diploma, undergraduate degree, or graduate degree completed before June 2024
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, competitions, and/or hackathons.
- Manage internal and external relationships exceptionally well and are focused on doing the right thing.
- Challenge themselves and the team members around them to find the best solutions possible and bring ownership to their work
What's in it for you?
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and inclusive team.
- You'll join your own program cohort as well as the greater community, bank-wide, across all new grad programs in TILT.
- A dedicated Program Manager to support with your learning, goals, and development.
- Customized workshops, executive masterclasses, leadership courses, learning curriculum and capstone projects.
- Individualized development plans, mentorship, and excusive access to leaders.
- TILT Orientation Week, socials, wellness sessions, community outreach events, TILT Learning & Development Week, graduation ceremony.
- In Global Audit, we are looking for individuals who enjoy problem solving and can see the "big picture" in a complex environment.
How do I apply?
For students applying to one of our TILT New Graduate programs we do not require resumes! Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM profile here and save it as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM profile.
*To be considered, you must complete all steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.