A Radiation Therapist 1 is a graduate of an accredited Canadian school of Radiation therapy who is eligible for certification with the CAMRT and works under the clinical guidance of a Registered Radiation Therapist (RD02).
A Radiation Therapist 2 applies high energy radiation to cancer patients according to established treatment and imaging guidelines. Focusing on the delivery of quality patient focused care utilizing a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach. While assisting the Oncologist in all aspects of the simulation of treatments with CT/MR simulator.
- Graduate of Canadian accredited school of Radiation therapy
- RD01 must be eligible to write their registration exams with the CAMRT, while an RD02 is registered with the CAMRT
- Physically able to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Performs appropriate quality assurance, using approved procedures, on their treatment unit, and records results. Notifies physicist if there is any deviation noted.
- Provides image guided radiation therapy treatments for cancer patients using evidence-based treatment guidelines.
- Provides patient focused care utilizing linear accelerators and HDR brachytherapy unit.
- Assesses clinical condition of patients on treatment daily and advises physician or radiation therapy nurse as required.
- Maintains accurate treatment records, perform chart summaries, and daily review of treatment.
- Radiation Therapist 2 provides clinical guidance, training and orientation to the Radiation therapist 1
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon's Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon's recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon's hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.