Requisition ID: 183334
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Release & Test Environment Management team of the Canadian Banking (CB) Group is committed to ensuring release delivery of complex business solutions for the Canadian Banking Business Line in support of the Bank's strategic objectives. The Release Automation Team supports the Release Management and Test Environment teams by seeking opportunities and building solutions to improve processes that govern the deployment of application releases and the support of the test environments, improving the quality and availability of the end-to-end environment resources and reducing impact to customers. The reach and opportunity of this Team extends to working with projects at a Global scale and meets the passion and drive of experiencing new initiatives each time. We work fast, and we work smart.
- At Scotiabank, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward.
- We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that's what our business demands
- We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
- We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
- We listen actively and value each other
- We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
What You'll Be Doing
Provide leadership and direction by delivering automated solutions that improve the quality and reduces the time and impact of application changes. This includes all facets of the process, including the provisioning of test environments (physical or virtual), code deployment and testing, and the application release processes through the test environments to the production customer environment. As a member of the Release and Test Environment team, you will use your critical Release Management skills and understanding of the test environment infrastructure to help where needed and identify opportunities for improvement. You will work as part of an agile team to deliver new capabilities and deliver a support model that empowers internal and engineering teams to take ownership and improve the maturity of their automation processes going forward.
How You'll Succeed
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Lead and drive continuous improvements towards Enterprise and industry standardization in Test Environment and Release Management processes
- Define solutions to help move the code management of legacy applications to an automated solution that aligns with the Enterprise principles.
- Onboard applications to validate the solutions built by working in small flexi-teams that involve developers, testers, and support groups at the application level fostering input, cooperation and adoption throughout the onboarding process.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues reported by development and support groups
- Identify gaps and opportunities for making tactical improvement in existing automated processes to improve the maturity of adoption by engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with our stakeholders to plan & co-ordinate release and test environment improvements, managing risks, measuring and monitoring progress.
- Build and maintain strong, trusted working relationships within IT&S.
- Provide SME support to stakeholders to investigate and resolve complex problems and conflicts impacting releases and changes. Work closely with others in Release Management Test Environment Management, Kyndryl, Global Technology and Enterprise Platform, Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
Who You Are
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work with stakeholders to deliver your best on common objectives.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Can grasp new concepts and skills and immediately apply them to business needs.
- Ability to form strong partnerships with internal team members and external project stakeholders to support the success of daily tasks.
- Possessing and utilizing exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or a related field of study.
- You have a strong understanding of technologies found within an IT organization's core computing infrastructure and software components, including, but not limited to, servers on various platforms, enterprise application solutions, and z/OS host environments.
- Experience with the following skill sets will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy).
- Experience working with automation tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Git, Sonar, Fortify, Ansible, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- You can demonstrate experience in Project Management methodology, principles, and tools.
- It's an asset if you have experience with Traditional and Agile methodologies, JIRA, Confluence, and knowledge of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values - Trust, Teamwork, and Accountability.
Work Environment - Hybrid #LI-Hybrid
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited ("JFL") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia ("Scotiabank") and operates as a distinct business division. JFL manages the portfolios of pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and high-net-worth individuals in Canada and internationally.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.