Hours37.5Workplace ModelHybridPay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department OverviewDesign, describe, and manage solution engineering in relation to capabilities of assigned Journeys and Platforms through the end-to-end lifecycle (i.e., frontend, backend, database and debugging of applications or sites).
Use knowledge of business acumen and technical expertise to play a lead role in shaping the technical vision to create complex distributed solutions, technical designs, and integrations.Job Details
- Apply a multi-disciplined expertise with database, application, client tiers, layering of software, build, test and deploy strategies in order to create the overall design of software (including applications, infrastructure, middleware) and guide how the sub-components are developed by different teams
- Elevate focus on applications and data as differentiators for the customer experience, anchored in sound foundational elements of Infrastructure and Platforms
- Advise on suitability of technology stacks to define principles / key constraints for solution components; rallies the team around these principles to determine security / scalability approach, and impact assessments for future design
- Drive continual upgrading and grounds the team in assessing practical program concerns to innovate on both server-side and user-side features as technologies / platforms expand to reduce technology debt and build resilient solutions
- Lead code reviews to create and test prototypes to assess viability of approaches. Uses configuration management and integration / build automation tools to lead and deploy code, gather proof points for developers to build on, navigate around complexities based on a clear understanding of the vision across the technology stacks and provide critical suggestions for fixes and improvements on the integration
- Monitor and report on progress and collaborates broadly with other practitioners, including designers, engineers, and other applicable business stakeholders to ensure the necessary features for the products and applications are developed within assigned portfolio
- Design tests that will be implemented to keep the software functional; supports issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution
- Collaborates with Practices, actively driving capability creation; mentoring and training junior colleagues to be adaptive, staying on top of expanding technologies and engineering trends and creating highly visual and functional solutions
- Lead design and development of an architecture for the Mobile and EasyWeb ecosystem, shared frameworks and applications
- Ensure adherence to enterprise and segment architecture strategy, roadmap, and principles
- Govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards.
- Oversee and define development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives, identify necessary system modifications.
- Participate & own the creation of key architecture artifacts such as Blueprints, Assessment of Options and Functional/Non-Functional Requirements
- Participate in third-party/vendor product assessments and integrations
- Provide recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements
- Provide insight and recommendations to develop and implement system architecture with business units and technology departments while creating awareness of TCO.
- Influence product direction and integrate technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment
- Participate as a top expert and consultant on the most high-risk and complex projects.
- Impart subject matter expertise to influence vendors on product design, develop and contribute to third-party contract negotiations where applicable.
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business units so IT strategy application aligns with architecture framework.
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design and operate processes to help review ongoing activity against technology architecture and development standards.
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements and solutions (buy, build, reuse).
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation reviews.
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings with senior management, team, other technical areas and business units.
- Working knowledge of security patterns and best practices: OAuth, OIDC, SAML, etc.
- Working knowledge with RESTful microservices design, Java and SpingBoot.
- Working knowledge with event driven architecture
- Public and private cloud experience
- Nice to have: familiarity with front end web and mobile development: Angular, Responsive web, Objective C, Swift, Java and Kotlin
BREADTH & DEPTH
- Seasoned individual contributor role with expert knowledge of specific enterprise and/or functional domain(s) and a demonstrated track record working with a broad range of architecture frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures
- Exceptional collaboration, communication and client-facing skills
- Big-picture thinker, with ability to anticipate architectural gaps and identify emerging trends through both advanced business acumen and highly specialized technical knowledge of TD and its applications, programming languages, industry best practices, Bank standards, infrastructure and architectural design / solutions
- Architect assigned to work autonomously on high profile, complex and/or high-risk technology projects with significant impact to the organization
- Reports to an Architecture Practice Lead / Practice Area Lead
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate (Graduate degree preferred)
- 10+ years relevant experience developing a variety of platforms
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair programming and / or Test-Driven Development is an asset (i.e., ability to author Unit, Integration and Functional Tests)
- Demonstrated experience with leading technical tools integration in a complex environment
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!