Requisition ID: 183618
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you'll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client's thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You'll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client's life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you'll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
As a Senior Associate you will work closely with a Wealth Advisor in the development and management of their book of business by providing effective client service and contributing to business development and sales related activities.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU
In the role you will:
- Identify new business opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of products and services to identify new opportunities within the existing client base
- Build effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate function contacts
- Prepare, analyze, and present reports and recommendations to clients
- Develop and distribute client communication and marketing pieces
- Review practices to ensure administrative processes are streamlined and administrative tasks being completed and logged for tracking purposes
- Understand client profiles and that the Advisor's investment strategy being used to implement client objectives.
DO YOU HAVE THE SKILLS
We would love to work with you if you have:
- Experience in the securities industry
- Already duly registered as a Registered Representative (RR) with CIRO
- Successfully completed the Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Exceptional client service skills
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- At ScotiaMcLeod we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At ScotiaMcLeod– you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization where you are surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our clients
- An inclusive working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success
- Learning and Development – via Scotia Academy, a virtual learning experience to upskill and develop your skills at work or from your personal device
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.