Requisition ID: 183450
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Procurement Technology team is responsible for the ongoing development and support of a portfolio of applications which automate various aspects of the enterprise procurement process: from the supplier identification and verification, to contracting and executing agreements, and with the processing of invoices and purchase orders.
The Senior Manager, Software Development leads a development team that creates new applications in addition to supporting them. The role requires involvement in all software lifecycle phases from the inception to support including retirement of legacy applications. Leads IT implementation projects by working with the Business to identify and document requirements, set reasonable project timelines, document resource needs, risks, and project scope.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including consideration of business, technical and application of architectural standards and emerging solutions.
- Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive and operating to common objectives and priorities.
- Establish and maintain technical vision, strategy and roadmap for our SaaS based or cloud applications.
- Develop and support a cloud-based or SaaS application development team of +15 professionals including contractors located both locally and abroad.
- Assess cost, resourcing and system impacts related to projects. Provide project resource spending forecast accordingly.
- Manage budget and team capacity.
- Ensure operational support and stability of services and applications. Measuring adherence to KPIs, assessing metrics and provide guidance on improvements to operational support.
- Overseas the design development of software applications to ensure it is meeting the desired maturity level
- Experience of delivering projects in an Agile environment such as Kanban, Scrum; also experience in hybrid implementation environments
- Knowledge of the Procurement business domain: general industry familiarity, from initiation and sourcing to the payments and settlement processes an asset.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- 3-5 years' experience in IT, delivering large complex projects, that have significant IT and operational components
- Working familiarity with project management methodologies
- PMP Designation an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience preferably Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven hands-on experience as software developer with excellent understanding of infrastructure principals including cloud-based solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Application Development and related technologies in procurement space with application relating to contract management, contract/relationship risk assessment and invoice approval/payment solution (additional technical skills such as REST, SOAP, JS, HTML, SQL are an asset)
- Strong leadership with ability to inspire, coach, lead and build multidisciplinary team with a common vision focus on improving customer experience.
- Team oriented who is able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to build bridges with technical & non-technical teams and influence others to move toward consensus
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.