Title: Personal Support Worker - Community Support Worker
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Moosonee, ON)
Employment status: Permanent, Casual
Hourly rate: $23.57/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) - one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Personal/Community Support Workers to join our teamin Moosonee, Ontario.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work within the Community Health and Wellness department, and under the direction of the Care Coordinator. The person will be responsible to providing care and support to seniors allowing them to stay independent in their homes.
In this role, you will:
- Provide personal assistance and care to clients.
- Complete basic errands and home management duties as required and in accordance with established service plan (i.e. prepare nutritious meals, safely and hygienically store and handle food, maintain the comfort and safety of the client's immediate environment, etc.)
- Provide support to client in accordance with established service plan and Assisted Living policies and procedures.
- Complete risk analysis of home using standardized risk assessment tool.
- Observe and report any concerns related to the client or their environment to the Program Coordinator.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients, caregiver/family, and the CRC.
What we are looking for:
- The incumbent must be a certified Personal Support Worker (PSW) or Development Service Worker (DSW). Previous experience with elderly clients is an asset.
- English is required. Cree speaking is an asset.
- Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills: dependable, punctual, ability to manage stress and interacts well with others.
- Ability to follow care plan as identified by the appropriate funder agency.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to be a supportive and productive team member.
- Demonstrated fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team. Committed to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- The work is principally performed in client residences throughout Moosonee and conditions may vary.
- The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work schedule; they might occasionally be required to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) would be open to consider candidates from outside of the community who travel on a rotational schedule.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.