Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and to solidify ourselves as the "Trusted Destination for Everything Auto" for employees and customers alike.
CARSTAR Saint John is seeking a Body Shop Manager to join our team!
As an employee of Steele Auto Group, we always put you first. You can expect competitive compensation packages with flexible health and dental plans to match your needs. Our Employee and Family Assistance program offers a portfolio of healthcare services to keep you and your family healthy. As Atlantic Canadas Largest Automotive Dealer Group, we offer an industry-leading retirement savings plan with employer
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the facility, providing excellent work environment for our employees and an optimal customer experience.
- Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with insurance agents, dealerships, fleet accounts and other customers.
- Inspect qualified vehicles and assist writing damage appraisals.
- Informs customers about repair process, including insurance claims processing, payment procedures, repair techniques, repair needs and expected delivery date of repair.
- Keeps insurance adjusters, production staff and customers informed regarding the status of the vehicle repair. Write supplements and negotiate with insurers.
- Ensures individual insurance partners guidelines are adhered.
- Monitors progress and completion of vehicles in the shop, ensuring that proper repair and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and being used properly.
- Oversee OHS program and audit results.
- Ensures all completed repairs are inspected before delivering customer vehicles, explains warranty and quality control process with all customers
- Review work orders, assign tasks to employees and verify the quality of work performed.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Oversee ordering of replacement parts and body shop supplies. Maintaining excellent relationships with Dealers and suppliers.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors the maintenance of paint booths, frame straightening equipment, and other large, fixed assets to ensure long-term usage and value.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and monitors the performance of all body shop employees.
- Maintains a positive employee culture with consistent communication with staff.
- Review and maintain financial expectations
- Review financials for the shop:
- Expense control
- Revenue and cost of sales, shop productivity
- Comparisons to budget
- Aid with the annual budgeting process.
- Minimum 5 years in management experience in a collision repair facility.
- Prior experience as a collision estimator or insurance appraiser
- Fluent in Estimating Software (Audatex and Mitchell) considered an asset.
- I-CAR training or other industry training considered an asset.
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignment
- Developed reasoning/problem solving skills, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to train others
- Able to motivate and manage production team
- Professional leadership ability
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
Why Steele Auto?
- Competitive compensation package with flexible health and dental plans
- Virtual healthcare and mental health/wellness support programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Industry-leading Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- A safe, inclusive, and dynamic work environment
Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and solidifying ourselves as the "Trusted Destination of Choice for Everything Auto" for employees and customers alike. If you want to work for an organization that values and rewards hard work, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement, please apply today; be sure to include your resume and cover letter.
We sincerely thank our applicants interested in this opportunity and wish to advise that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Steele Auto Group will fill positions by drawing from internal candidates possessing the desired qualifications and to promote from within, where possible. Hiring and promotion of all candidates is based on skills, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
Steele Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we commit to a fair, inclusive opportunity to apply. Diversity fuels our desire to be your trusted destination for everything auto. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day. If selected for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations you may require throughout the recruitment process. To learn more about our company, culture, and opportunities, please visit www.steeleauto.com