Hours37.5Workplace ModelHybridPay Details
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.Department Overview
Market Risk Control (MRC) is responsible for ensuring that the market risk of TD Securities is well understood, transparent and controlled. MRC engages extensively with the TD Securities' trading desks, Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM), Finance, Technology, auditors and Senior TD Executive. MRC's mandate includes:
- Developing a strategic and respected team that has an in depth understanding of the TD Securities' trading businesses, including trading strategies, products, market conditions and risks, and valuation drivers.
- Providing oversight of market risk of TD Securities ensuring all significant market risks and results are appropriately measured and made transparent to the Bank's CRO, Senior Management, and the Board of Directors
- Developing and maintaining market risk and valuation policies, with limits that are respected and consistent with the Banks risk appetite
We are hiring for the position of Senior Group Risk Specialist, Market Risk Control covering the Institutional Equities and Global Equity Derivatives policies. Reporting to the AVP, Market Risk Control, this role will oversee, and provide leadership, and development to a highly specialized team of risk managers ensuring all significant market risks are appropriately understood, analyzed, and measured as part of the Bank's regulatory and enterprise frameworks. You are required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management oversight in alignment with TD policies and practices.
Working with the AVP, Market Risk Control your responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective market risk and valuation oversight of the TD Securities' Global Equities Derivatives and Institutional Equities trading desks.
- Develop a strong independent view of current market conditions, the market risk of the desk's positions and valuation of the portfolio.
- Maintain close contact with TD Securities Front Office, including business heads and senior traders regarding trading strategies, market conditions, risk positions, liquidity, profit and loss and new initiatives.
- Develop market risk and valuation policies for the equities trading business with the objective of providing effective market risk and valuation oversight. Design stress tests and scenarios that highlight key market risks.
- Analyze new product requests to ensure that market risks and valuation are well understood, and that appropriate market risk limits and controls are established.
- Effectively communicate risk issues to all levels of the Risk Management organization, other control groups and the front office.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and guidance to a the more junior members of the team of risk professionals
- Providing expertise for all trading market risk related activities, and effective challenge while supporting business growth within the bank's risk appetite
- Maintain thorough understanding of all key risk and risk-related issues through continual review of risk reports/related data and dialogue with relevant parties.
- Ensure that all risks are transparent to Risk Management Executives and Business Leaders
- Develop a thorough understanding of key factors contributing to profitability, through continual review of P&L attribution.
- Provide weekly dashboard commentary and performance analysis with commentary linking performance to specific trading strategies, positions, market conditions and underlying risks
- Ensure the Global Equity Derivatives and Institutional Equities businesses have appropriate policies for robust, independent valuations, and ensure ongoing suitability as market conditions, business strategies and portfolio composition change
- Assist the AVP, Market Risk as the primary contact for dialogue with regulators relating to market risk discussions, and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Deep capital markets knowledge with expertise in market risk and control functions covering derivatives, sales/trading/hedging strategies with a particular focus on equities and equity derivatives.
- Solid understanding of risk measurement concepts and methodologies including VaR, FRTB, Stress Testing etc. coupled with an understanding of broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Advanced critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with cross functional teams, colleagues, partners, and stake holders at multiple levels
- Robust organizational and team management skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant discipline.
- Progress towards or completion of FRM/PRM/CFA a strong asset
- 5-7 years' experience in risk management
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!