Service New Brunswick
Casual- On Call
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Logistics unit within Health Services Division as a Storekeeper 1 in Bathurst at the Chaleur Regional Hospital.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Replenishment and delivery of general inventory supplies.
- Receive, unpack, sorts, and verify shipments against requisitions and/or purchase orders.
- Unload shipments from trucks when required.
- Record, file and maintain documentation of supplies received or delivered in a computerized system.
- Sort, rotate, and shelves supplies.
- Participate in physical inventory counts.
- Prepare packages for internal and external shipments, including specimens.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Show others how to perform tasks or duties as a part of departmental orientation.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform physically demanding tasks.
- Required to read and understand written directives.
- Use and operate electric and manual transporters.
- Ability to work effectively, alone or as part of a team, in a fast paced work environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Completion of grade 10.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in storekeeping.
- Knowledge and experience working with various computer softwares (Microsoft Office).
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
- You must be available to work rotating days, evenings, nights, weekend, and Statutory Holidays.
- Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Hourly Rate: $23.72 - Canadian Union of Public Employees - Local 1190
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, or by mail at the address indicated below indicating competition number R85-2021/22-1779. This competition will remain open until position is filled.
Service New Brunswick
P. O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 457-3580
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: Employees working in a vulnerable sector will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or alternatively follow all workplace mitigation measures determined by the employer.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!